What is the problem with new wishes and corrections?
- You (and the team) work more (obviously) and spend more of your budget
- terms are increasing (although, in the client's opinion, they should remain the same - this is where expectations should be managed).
- breaking the stack principle: new cases seem more urgent. As a result, the team often runs to make new matches instead of finalizing the main task.
Solutions to the problem:
- External vaults. In case of verbal negotiations, write down all the results/features somewhere in a notebook and put them off immediately - until the time comes. For example, we have a separate task "Backlog" in the tracker and our clients write everything new there, not in the main development branches.
- Golden Clock. In our company 95% of communication (questions, negotiations, calls etc.) takes place exactly twice a day - at 11-12:00 and at 17-18:00. And at the rest of the time no one distracts or twitches the guys, which allows us to concentrate our work.
- Hard timings. Optimization of the code can be endless, and only strict restrictions will allow you to get together and have time to do 80% of the cases in 20% of the time.